Choose from the list of funds below, and enter in the box both the name of the fund and the reason for the tribute. For example, “General Fund, Baby Cohen Naming.” Click Pay Now and complete the transaction. Ignore the title, “Centennial Garden 2″ title, and notice that your selection appears when you mouse over Reason for Donation.
Please give with an open heart and give often. Today, right now as you are reading this, consider the many ways in which you can perform Mitzvot and give Tzedakah to the HJC. Its easy! email@example.com
Please remember the Huntington Jewish Center in your will or by beneficiary designation.
General Building and Operating Funds
- General Fund supports services and operational continuity of the synagogue.
- Annual Kol Nidre Campaign supports operational continuity and programming.
- Tree of Life ($360 minimum contribution).
- Builders Wall ($500 minimum contribution).
- Daily Minyan Fund helps maintain materials and books for minyan and the Lief Chapel.
- Ark and Pulpit Fund supports ongoing care and restoration of the Ark and Torah Scrolls.
- Lief Chapel Bench Plaques dedicate a seat of a Lief Chapel bench ($500 minimum contribution).
- Leah Greene Garden Fund supports general landscaping and property beautification.
- Humash A limited number of Etz Hayim Humashim are available for dedication. A contribution of $72 includes a dedication bookplate.
- Mahzor Lev Shalem: Dedications in honor of or in memory of friends and loved ones; used in HJC’s High Holiday services every year.
- Ben Tasman Library Fund defrays the expense of library supplies.
- Prayer Book and Bible Fund supports the ongoing need for prayer books.
- Yvonne Cohen Dedication Fund supports special projects for the Nursery and Religious Schools and general congregation.
- Centennial Garden Fund: Established in recognition of our 100 years, enables the synagogue to continue to beautify the grounds.
- Rabbi Hospitality Fund: supports entertaining congregants at the Rabbi’s home.
- Nursery School Fund supports current Nursery School activities and special projects.
- Religious School Fund supports Religious School activities and special projects.
- Schechter School Fund provides scholarships for children attending the Schechter School of Long Island.
- Teacher Development Fund enables HJC Religious School teachers to participate in continuing education programs.
- Youth Fund supports activities for Chaverim, Kadima and USY groups within HJC.
- Edward Spevack Kochavim Fund subsidizes expenses for Special Education programs.
- Arnie Kerns Fund supports special projects in the Nursery and Religious schools.
- Collegiate Fund supports holiday packages and mailings sent to college students (along with Sisterhood).
- David S. Rosenman Camp Ramah Scholarship Fund provides scholarships for children attending Camp Ramah.
- Leadership Development Fund defrays expenses of seminars and leadership development programs for lay leaders.
- Donald L. Gordon Israel Scholarship Fund provides scholarships for children to travel to Israel.
- Israel Engagement Fund to support Israel education and quality programming to enhance Israel engagement.
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund provides funds for the Rabbi for needed purposes.
- Cantor’s Development Fund provides funds for the Cantor for education, development and music support.
Community and Social Action Funds
- Social Action Fund / Jewish Nutrition Network – defrays operating costs of the weekly program of feeding the needy and supports mitzvot, holiday baskets and activities for the needy.
- Matzah Fund Provides essentials to celebrate Passover for those in need.
All donations of $10 and above will be listed in the HJC Bulletin. Donations must be received by the 10th of the month to go in the next month’s Bulletin. Questions? Please call the HJC Office at (631) 427-1089. Thank you.